Samyang AF 24-70mm F2.8 FE is Samyang's first Auto Focus Standard Zoom lens equipped with various functions optimized for video shooting that sets it apart from other standard zoom lenses. Features optimized for video shooting:
- Parfocal - This function maintains the focus on the subject when zooming in/out. It is equipped with a function optimized for video shooting mounted on cine zoom lenses.
- Cinematic Video AF - As the AF speed is properly controlled during video recording, wobbling is reduced and stable video recording is possible.
- Linear MF Focus Control - Provides convenience to video shooters by realizing the torque of the focus ring as closely as possible to that of a manual video lens when shooting video in manual mode.
- Cine Kit - Samyang Cine Kit, consisting of focus gearing, follow focus, and tripod mount, allows system exchange at the same time as lens change (Small configuration), so the maneuverability is very good. In addition, a mount kit and follow focus are provided at the same time, providing essential elements of video shooting at once. (Kit sold separately)
This zoom lens delivers a 24-70mm (wide-angle to short-telephoto) angle of view and a bright maximum aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range, as commonly utilized by full-frame camera users. It can be used for diverse photos such as landscapes, portraits, and snaps. In particular, the optimum resolution is achieved through the optical design of 17 elements in 14 groups (2 ASP, 1 H-ASP, 3 HR, and 3 ED).
Bright aperture of the AF 24-70 F2.8 FE offers beautifully blurred background. The subject and background are effectively separated with shallow depth of field, creating impressive images highlighting the subject. The 9-blade circular aperture contributes natural-looking bokeh and the beautiful starburst effect.
The minimum focusing distance is just 0.35m (1.15ft), so it is possible to produce a unique perspective close to the subject. It makes it easier to take various images such as food on tables or portraits with exaggerated features.
The AF 24-70 F2.8 FE enhanced the usability considering the user's shooting environment. This zoom lens features weather sealing at 7 spots to protect from light dust, rain, and snow and provide the ability to capture stunning images in less than perfect conditions.
Equipped with the Custom Switch, shooting and operation are more intuitive and simple. You can easily select various functions such as Aperture Control Mode or MF Mode from the Switch, and enjoy the shooting mode that suits your personal preference. (More functions will be added through firmware updates in the future.)
The AF 24-70mm F2.8 FE features the latest Linear STM (Stepping Motor), a larger and heavier focus lens group can be controlled more quietly and precisely, providing excellent image quality in both photos and videos.
Advanced features include Zoom functionality and a Custom Mode
- The fast F2.8 maximum aperture with a 9 blade iris provide low light performance, and smooth circular bokeh effects.
- Weather sealing helps to protect against dust and moisture.
- With an inconspicuous size, a wide angle of view, and an 13.8” minimum focusing distance, it is perfect for, group shots, travel, stealthy street shooting, and landscapes.
- Autofocusing utilizes a LSM (Linear Stepless Motor) for quiet, and smooth focus that is especially important when recording video.
- The IF (Internal Focusing) design prevents both changes in length and front element rotation. This enables the easy use of polarizers and other filters that require precise positioning.
|Model Name||AF 24-70mm F2.8 FE|
|Aperture Range||F2.8 ~ 22|
|Lens Optical||Construction||17 Elements in 14 Groups|
|Special Elements||2 ASP, 1 H-ASP, 3 HR, 3 ED|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.35m (1.15ft)|
|Magnification Ratio||0.1x - 0.27x|
|Filter Size (mm)||Φ 82.0|
|Maximum Diameter (mm)||Φ 88.0|
|Angle of View||Full Frame||53˚ - 86˚|
|APS-C||36˚ - 62˚|
|Length||128.5mm / 5.1in|
|Weight||1,027g / 36.2oz|
|AF/MF mode switch||Yes|
|AF Motor||Linear STM|
All orders will ship out within 2 business days of receipt. Orders over a certain value are shipped with a signature required upon delivery.
High value orders will be shipped via UPS.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
The customer will be responsible for return shipping costs unless the item arrived damaged or is defective. Initial shipping costs paid by the customer are not refundable.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too. Any accessories that were included when the order was delivered must be included when the order is returned. The customer will be charged for any missing accessories.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.